- Special Events Volunteer– Assists with preparations for and activities at special events. This may include preparing announcements, setting up or taking down decorations, tables or chairs, serving refreshments, or monitoring the Museum’s use during events.
- Docent– Greets visitors and gives tours of the Museum.
- Docent Assistant– Assists tour guides with large group tours.
- Curriculum Developer– Develop curriculum that can be used for educational programming for all grade levels.
- Researcher– Research a variety of topics for use in exhibitions or to add to the Gorgas House archive.
- Or, let us know what ideas you have!
For more information about volunteer opportunities at the Gorgas House Museum, please call (205) 348-5906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Docent Volunteers
- Camilla Canty
- Linda Shumilas
Student Work-Study Program
The Federal Work Study Program allows undergraduate and graduate students, with financial need, to earn money for education expenses. Students who qualify for work study can check with the Gorgas House Director each semester for employment opportunities. Gorgas House work study students learn to give tours to visitors, assist in events and development, and research dedicated to furthering the museum’s mission. For additional information, please visit UA’s Federal Work Study website https://financialaid.ua.edu/workstudy/
Current Work Study Students
- Marangelys Baez-Velazquez
- Micaela Jupiter
- Adrian Simpson