What To Know Before Visiting
The Gorgas House Museum will operate under its normally scheduled hours of operation (Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM), except for Wednesday mornings between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM when UA Custodial performs a thorough cleaning of the museum.
- At this time, reservations are required. Please call 205-348-5906 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
- Tour group sizes are limited to four people.
- Face masks are required for all guests, employees, and volunteers.
- Gorgas House staff will maintain a minimum of six feet distance between themselves, tour groups, and UA facility and grounds crews. Markings on the floor reflect safe social distancing guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer is placed at the entrance, student desk, and main office. Hand washing will be encouraged and promoted on signage at the entrance, student desk, and main office. Hand washing stations are available in the restrooms and kitchen.
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Or by appointment
To schedule a group tour or for Museum rental information, please call 205-348-5906 or email: email@example.com.
The Gorgas House Museum is closed on all University of Alabama holidays.
810 Capstone Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Check out our Directions page for parking info and a map.
General admission is $2.00
Admission is free for current University of Alabama faculty, staff, students, and members of the University Alumni Association.